Are you passionate about sustainability, diversity and modern leadership? Make sure to join me and more than 150 engaged participants on 2 June at Nor-Shipping, as we introduce a team of multi-national leaders equipped with the proper value and leadership toolkit to thrive and create great results in a changing global economy.
These focus areas are my key drivers, triggering my passion and enthusiasm for the maritime industry – every day. Our industry has what it takes to make an impact, and great potentials for improving further. As young (and/or) innovative leaders, we can make a difference – making sure we surf the right waves for the future!
And all three elements will be addressed by a fantastic bunch of global top executives during Nor-Shipping’s opening day! I really hope to see many familiar faces of any gender and age group in the audience, as the diversity/leadership issues currently represent some key opportunities for our industry moving forward.
Among the 150+ participants, I am also delighted to see an equal gender balance, and participants from more than 25 countries.
We are extremely proud to present some of our speakers;
- The person ranked as 2014’s most powerful in the entire global shipping finance sector, and DNB’s first female EVP & Head of Global Shipping, Offshore & Logistics – our very own Kristin Holth
- An offshore shipowner with a heart beating for green technology, and previously awarded E&Y Norwegian Entrepreneur of the Year, who entrepreneured himself from a career as fisherman – Stig Remøy
- The (first female) MD of the tanker owners’ organisation, who’s both experienced pirate attack and been awarded WISTA Personality of the Year 2012, Katarina Stanzel of INTERTANKO
- A Forbes Top 50 under 50 leader from Switzerland (Greek origin), also appointed among World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders. Not to mention the youngest Global Commodity Manager for Fortune 500 AGCO Corporation and youngest Senior Buyer Submarines for ThyssenKrupp Marine System. Maria Ploumaki is our eminent key note speaker!
- Co-founding partner and Chairman of Richard Branson’s Carbon War Room, and the history’s youngest President of Costa Rica – Jose Maria Figueres Olsen. During his term of office, he pioneered the link between sustainable development and technology and later helped to create the United Nations’ ICT Task Force. He was also the first CEO of the World Economic Forum and founded the Global Ocean Commission
The WISTA Leadership Award will be handed out to this year’s winner by 2014 winner, CEO Linn Cecilie Moholt. And I can assure you that the winner is definitely most worthy (!)
After the conference, WISTA Norway will host a reception at BAR Tjuvholmen – located in the buzzing heart of Nor-Shipping Island.
Four years ago, I initiated the very first, small-scale “Women in Shipping”, as part of YoungShip’s program during Nor-Shipping 2011. It adressed female industry colleagues of all age groups and levels, as well as maritime students and younger girls who were interested in the maritime industry. It was a huge success, with almost 150 participants, and the key contributor and sponsor is a well known figure-head and role model for the maritime industry; Elisabeth Grieg.
Four years later, we are organising the 3rd event by and for maritime women (open for all men though) during Nor-Shipping, and for the very first time it is part of the official Nor-Shipping program. I couldn’t be prouder!!